At Noverka, our values illustrate who we are and define our beliefs: Human, Transparent, Passionate. We are driven by innovation and success, both in our relationships and in our practices.
Finding the right job for the right person is what we do best!
Our client, an organization in the field of development, production of surface lighting solutions and manufacturing of customized products, is looking for a Director, production & manufacturing.
The Production and Manufacturing Manager will oversee the production and manufacturing departments of the company, ensuring effective and efficient use of facilities and personnel.
- Supervises and participates in the recruitment, hiring and training of production and manufacturing employees.
- Oversees scheduling and assignments for divisions.
- Conducts timely and constructive performance evaluations.
- Manages employee discipline and termination when necessary and in accordance with company policy.
Your role and responsibilities
- Oversees the manufacture of products, ensuring production, performance, and quality standards are consistently met.
- Reviews production reports to ensure safety, quality, financial, and delivery goals and standards are met.
- Ensures a healthy and safe working environment, and compliance with federal and provincial regulations, through collaboration with environmental, health, and safety staff.
- Assists Chief Operating Officer with long-range operating goals, expansion efforts, and implementation of new and advanced technology as well as automation.
- Identifies and shares training opportunities for staff to build and improve skills.
- Organizes departmental management structure and teams for operations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Collaborates with the Executive Director in the development of the operating budget.
- University degree or relevant experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in production & manufacturing.
- Thorough understanding of the policies and practices used in the manufacturing division.
- Strong organizational, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – Perfect bilingualism mandatory.
- Results oriented and excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work individually and as a team.
- Proven ability to take initiative.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.