At Noverka, our values illustrate who we are and define our convictions: Human, Transparent, Passionate. We are driven by innovation and success, both in our relationships and in our practices.
Finding the right job for the right person is what we do best!
Our client, an organization in the banking sector is looking for an Engineering Director/Manager.
Job description :
About Media-Graph Dépôt Inc / TLS International (“Media Graph”):
Media Graph is a manufacturer of visual communications and surface lighting solutions, focused on developing close partnerships with customers to deliver superior solutions. With state-of-the-art, modern technology and a talented team, we are innovative in providing fully customized products. Our patented Tension LED System (“TLS”) offers turnkey lighting solutions. This is a testament to our basic principle: innovation drives growth. Our mission is to create unique visual environments that meet our customers’ needs in a cost-effective, quality-driven way. With over 25 years in the industry, Media Graph has become a key player in textile and UV printing, lightboxes and architectural lighting solutions. We are proud to be a Canadian manufacturer with over 60,000 square feet of in-house production space. Our passion is bringing game-changing ideas to life and finding the perfect solution for our customers. Our values are professional fulfillment, employee well-being and combining fun with work.
Media-Graph is looking for an Engineering Director/Manager to oversee product engineering and R&D, industrial design, product installation and customer support.
Media Graph’s offices are located at 300 Montée de Liesse, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4T 1N9.
- Lead the engineering department, hire, train and mentor the team.
- Help the company develop better products, improve technology, pursue innovation and lead R&D.
- Write and implement new engineering procedures, ensure compliance.
- Structure the installation and customer support department, develop and implement new procedures.
- Set objectives, budgets and schedules for each project.
- Ensure we use innovative technologies that maximize our productivity and help our business grow. Responsibilities:
- Plan and coordinate the work of industrial design, R&D, installation and customer support staff.
- Supervise engineering and product development.
- Recruit additional personnel as needed.
- Conduct timely and constructive performance reviews. – Provide training and mentoring as required.
- Consults with COO and CEO to create long-term goals specific to the organization’s needs.
- Develop new products from concept to testing to production.
- Collaborate with marketing department to determine market potential for new products.
- Oversee project progress and deadlines.
- Ensure product compliance with safety and other regulations.
- Prepare and manage the Engineering Department budget.
- Collaborate with company stakeholders (manufacturing, project management, sales, marketing, finance).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- In-depth technical knowledge in engineering and product development.
- Excellent financial skills and ability to analyze financial data.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering required; Master’s degree in engineering preferred.
- Minimum 7 years related experience required.
- Bilingual (English and French). English is required to serve our customers and suppliers based in the U.S. and outside Quebec.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, including technical teams.
- Highly organized, self-starter with strong planning and project management skills, able to establish schedules and dates.
- Excellent communicator with interpersonal skills.
Salary & Benefits:
- 100% paid health care coverage (including dental, life and disability) after 6 months of service.
- Profit-sharing program (DPSP) after 1 year of service.
- Free on-site parking.
- Attractive work environment & design