At Noverka, our values illustrate who we are and define our beliefs: Human, Transparent, Passionate. We are driven by innovation and success, both in our relationships and in our practices.
Finding the right job for the right person is what we do best!
Our client, an organization in the insurance industry is looking for a IT Analyst.
Your role and responsibilities
Facilitate the exploration of projects as part of the Portfolio process to create a Business Case for the executives to make a decision on said project (GO/NOGO)
Collaborate and engage Business stakeholders (POs, Product Manager but also executives) to gather requirements.
Facilitate the solutioning with Architects but also with cross functional teams as needed (Security, Data, etc.) Estimate the budget Etc.
- The IT analyst, thanks to his or her knowledge of information technologies, plays the role of mediator between the company and IT, proposing solutions and improving the overall quality of the company’s services and operations.
- Liaise with key stakeholders and organize workshops to obtain precise requirements. Participate in requirements gathering sessions with subject matter experts and other stakeholders.
- Prepare business cases for management approval.
- Prepare/create use cases, business requirement documents, class diagrams, entity-relationship diagrams and sequence diagrams for the projects he/she is working on.
- Assist the Product Owner in writing User Stories during refinement, documenting the need, acceptance criteria including functional and non-functional requirements.
- Create, carry out and validate functional, integrated and/or system tests, from test case to results.
- Help customers validate and understand the analysis.
- Collaborate and solve problems with the technical team to propose acceptable and viable solutions.
- Analyze problems from different angles and perform a gap analysis.
- Present the developed solution to the relevant audience and solicit feedback. Participate in production deployment preparation, knowledge transfer, end-user training and deployment activities.
- Contribute to continuous process improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business computing, information systems, computer engineering, software or other relevant training at the same level.
- At least 3 years’ experience in information technology.
- Good knowledge and proven experience in SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle), DevOps, Agile (SCRUM, SAFe is an asset); LEAN methodologies are an asset.
- Ability to seize opportunities and help the team overcome obstacles, achieve goals and increase resilience – adopting a rapid learning mindset.
- Excellent meeting and workshop facilitation skills
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with stakeholders at executive level.
- Excellent communicator and technical speaker, both with IT teams and business stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple aspects of a complex situation simultaneously, in the best interests of the internal partner and the organization.
- High tolerance of ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Ability to obtain, collect or extract information and requirements from stakeholders.
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Good knowledge/ability to understand key strategic IT technologies.
- Professional command of both spoken and written English – equivalent knowledge of French will be considered a major asset.
- Proven knowledge of the financial services and insurance sector (an asset).