At Noverka, our values illustrate who we are and define our beliefs: Human, Transparent, Passionate. We are driven by innovation and success, both in our relationships and in our practices.
Finding the right job for the right person is what we do best!
Our client, an organization in the telecommunication industry is looking for a Senior Data Governance Advisor.
Our client needs a senior data governance advisor who will oversee all the data governance activities of the organization, from audience data to business analytics, from personnel data to facilities data, and periodically report to the Senior Executive Team on this topic.
Data governance needs
- A number of reporting obligations, be these financial, regulatory and statutory require common data sets, flowing from common or standardized data practices.
- Cybersecurity and corporate-wide data protection standards are also required. The Technology & Infrastructure group (T&I) is leading most of these mission critical items around data storage and cybersecurity.
- A number of corporate priorities also require uniform and accessible data, such as carbon-footprint use (for the Greening Plan).
- These business and regulatory requirements need to be balanced against privacy rules and best practices, and the expectations of the Canadian public.
Your role and responsibilities
- Develop our data and analytics strategy.
- Define our data and analytics operating model.
- Foster a data-driven culture.
- Develop a holistic view of data governance activities in the organization and periodically report status to senior management.
- Meet regularly with the stakeholders.
- Collect and follow-up on all the activities.
- Establish high-level governance with all key stakeholders on the audience data governance, the corporate data governance and any other data governance initiative.
- Forge strong working relationships with senior executives to pursue outcomes for mutual success.
- Develop organizational skills and competencies.
Effective communicator… in both official languages (French and English)… written and oral… expected to produce documents for and engage in discussions with Senior Executives
- Strong and recognized leadership experience in large organizations comparable to our client.
- Strong and recognized expertise in data governance, data analytics, and data-driven decision making.
- Strong experience in reporting to executive level.
- At least 10 years of experience in data governance related activities.
- Experience of implementing a data governance strategy.
- Excellent soft skills.
An asset :
- Certifications in Data Governance
- Work experience in a Chief Data Officer role