At Noverka, our values illustrate who we are and define our beliefs: Human, Transparent, Passionate. We are driven by innovation and success, both in our relationships and in our practices.
Finding the right job for the right person is what we do best!
Our client, an organization in the banking industry is looking for a Solutions Architect -Sr.
The Solution Architect leads the creation and maintenance of architecture artefacts following architectural principles/guidelines, patterns and standards, promotes them to various IT and business team members by demonstrating their value in covering business requirements, adherence to standards and use of best practices
Your role and responsibilities
- Facilitating creation of the architecture. A Solution Architect collaboratively works with the team to develop and evolve the architecture.
- Create architecture artefacts such as High-Level Blueprint (HLB) and Solution Architecture (SA) and ensure approval by the governance committees.
- Transitioning architectural skills to other team members. Solution Architects will focus part of their time on mentoring others, finding opportunities to pair with others.
- Mentoring team members in organizational technical guidance. Solution Architects are aware of, and often authors of, organizational technical guidance around coding guidelines, database guidelines, security guidelines, and so on. They will help to bring this valuable knowledge to the team, mentoring them in its appropriate application.
- Breaking decision “deadlocks”. Although Solution Architects work collaboratively with other team members, and many times the team will come to consensus regarding an architectural decision, sometimes the team doesn’t come to an agreement. In these cases, the Solution Architect should break the deadlock so that the team can move forward.
- Reviewing architectural work from other teams through participation in the architecture governance process (ARB – Architecture Review Board).
- At ease in a strategic context and able to establish and maintain good relations with business partners and enterprise architecture
- Understands the business which the applications and data supports, in both the current and future context
- Able to derive practical and viable solutions from the articulated strategic plan vision
- Effective at analysis, problem solving, structured thinking
- Able to work effectively with ambiguous or little information and to quickly move to the core issue of an IT or business problem
- Proven expertise in the COTS applications implementation area, including extensive experience as a solution architect in the following areas: development and maintenance of systems, application and systems integration, package acquisition, evolving the application target architecture plans.
- Flexibility and interest to participate in projects related to IT evolution, new technologies processes and partners.
- Very adept at research and ability to apply findings in practical situations
- Strong technical leadership skills
- Strong teamwork and collaboration and good organizational, planning, prioritization capabilities
- Strong communication, interpersonal and facilitating skills that include developing presentations, selling concepts and conducting work sessions
- Excellent ability to write clear, concise and rigorous documents
- Possess in-depth business knowledge and technical expertise in one or more areas, such as:
- Establish global CRM and PPM architecture by integrating solutions across functional lines
- Recommend the right software and solutions for business stakeholders needs
- Guide project teams, establishing and tracking achievements, coordinating actions, seeking expert advice, handling open issues, and contributing to team meetings and reports
- Define how to measure business and operations success and validate COTS application performance
- Integrate security and personal information protection in the overall solution.
- Creating and maintaining positive and lasting client relationships based on customizations and strategies created to solve their business challenges.
- Ideally, your experience will also include leading projects requiring significant coordination.
Preferred educational background and experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years of IT experience and 5 years as a Solution Architect, preferably in the applications and technologies related to Commercial of the Shelf applications (COTS), and Agile frameworks particularly in the context of CRM (Customer Relationship Management) and PPM (Portfolio Performance Management) IT Transformation projects.
- Experience in financial or venture capital industry is a plus.