At Noverka, our values illustrate who we are and define our convictions: Human, Transparent, Passionate. We are driven by innovation and success, both in our relationships and in our practices.
Finding the right job for the right person is what we do best!
Our client, an organization in the insurance field is looking for a Data Governance Advisor.
Job description :
We are working to transform our analytical capabilities to put data at the center of Individual Insurance, Savings and Retirement business strategies. In support of the Director, Data Strategy, Governance and Analytics, you will be responsible for defining and operationalizing data governance through the implementation of initiatives to accelerate the adoption and execution of data governance best practices focused on leveraging data across the enterprise. You will support the sector in ensuring the governance and strategic exploitation of information and data.
Strengths / Skills required:
- Ability to implement strategic and opportunistic approaches that consider the business context
- Ability to structure, coordinate and support change
Role and responsibilities:
- Support the Director, Data Strategy, Governance and Analytics to establish the vision of data governance and management as a business asset;
- Develop, enhance and operationalize data governance in the Individual Insurance, Savings and Retirement business to increase the organization’s maturity level;
- Define and update the Individual Insurance, Savings & Retirement data governance operating model, collaborate on framework development and compliance of data policies and standards;
- Support teams, in collaboration with the Data Governance Office, in implementing best practices in data governance;
- Be the data governance reference for his sector (data classification, data definition and business glossary, data quality, data transfer, data lifecycle. etc.);
- Work with the sector’s Data Leader to facilitate decision-making on data and issues encountered; both at program, operational, and analytical levels;
- Be the ”conductor”, facilitator and coordinator for data issues within the sector.
Expertise required :
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in a relevant field;
- Approximately 10 years’ corporate experience in a relevant field, whether in management, legal or compliance, information or IT management, marketing, analytics, etc;
- Approximately 5 years’ experience in developing and implementing data governance programs, including change management aspects;
- Experience in insurance and savings (an asset).