At Noverka, our values illustrate who we are and define our beliefs: Human, Transparent, Passionate. We are driven by innovation and success, both in our relationships and in our practices.
Finding the right job for the right person is what we do best!
Our client, an organization in the insurance industry is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer.
Your role and responsibilities
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be part of a dynamic and collaborative team who plays a significant role in developing and supporting our Agile software delivery process. As a member of this team, you will develop system specifications, follow the latest software engineering practices, develop build scripts and automated CI/CD pipelines and test/deploy automation programs using various tools and frameworks including our Enterprise OpenShift Container Platform. You have strong experience in supporting numerous applications using a mixture of manual and automated tools to control software deployments and releases. Join a team that is looking to the future and which fosters collaboration, trust, collective ownership, an engineering mindset, continuous learning, and a “automate everything” mentality.
In this role, you are passionate about implementing robust and efficient Continuous Integration and Deployment pipelines that empower development teams in delivering high-quality solutions fast to market. Your responsibilities on the CI/CD team will involve:
- Dockerizing applications by building containers and bundling them together to create Docker Services
- Automating existing processes for build, deployment, test, static analysis, etc. of applications and services
- Create new pipelines and increase the reliability of existing Continuous Integration pipelines
- Optimize pipelines to ensure scalability and improve pipeline speed while playing an active role in the stability of these pipelines
- Coaching and mentoring junior team members to improve the overall automation engineering skillsets
- Continuously look for improvements to enhance our software delivery process and software engineering practices, and finding efficiencies to help increase the productivity of the team
- Ensuring a high level of customer service is maintained to stakeholders while addressing critical requests
- Contributing to improving and optimising our automated Continuous Integration & Deployment pipelines by actively participating in DevOps initiatives to help automate current manual and repetitive processes/tasks
- Team player with a positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience with building, integrating and deploying of n-tier web applications using Java and Java-based application frameworks
- An in depth understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Strong knowledge of web applications technology stack, including WAS Server, Oracle RDBMS and Angular or React development
- Experience with Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes and Container Management Technologies in general
- Experience with IBM RTC, Git/GitHub, SQL, Flyway, Ant, Maven, Ivy, Groovy, Gradle, Jenkins, Job DSL, SonarQube and Nexus in both Windows and Linux environments
- Knowledge of scripting language such as PowerShell and bash.
- Experience with JCasC and Helm is an asset
- Experience developing service-oriented systems is an asset
- Proficiency with various architecture integration concepts and the technology platforms supporting them: ESB/SOA, Web services (REST, SOAP), API, etc.
- Virtualization Experience – VMWare, Hyper-V, VirtualBox, Vagrant etc.
- Knowledge of version control, feature/ release branching & trunk-based development strategies
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment is preferred
- Ability to communicate, both in writing and orally and work independently while establishing relationships across many teams
- Ability to think critically, analyze and resolve technical issues while identifying different options and creating great solutions to problems that have not been encountered before
- Highly autonomous, self-starter with experience in the full development lifecycle