At Noverka, our values illustrate who we are and define our beliefs: Human, Transparent, Passionate. We are driven by innovation and success, both in our relationships and in our practices.
Finding the right job for the right person is what we do best!
Our client, an organization in the Technologie industry is looking for a Sr. Planning Manager, PMO .
Your role and responsibilities
Reporting to the Project Management Office (PMO) director, you will manage the PMO planning and risk management team and processes as well as supporting the Project Execution team in the centralized coordination of the planning function and in the scheduling of projects and the portfolio. You will be responsible for developing planning and risk management standards, manage, train and organize a strong planning & risk management organization, communicating requirements to project team members, and supporting individual projects and business development teams. In addition, you will contribute to the success of the overall portfolio management.
- Recommend and implement the use of best practices in project planning.
- Bring a level of expertise to project managers in the development of the project execution strategy.
- Develop and implement standards and project management processes related to planning.
- Can participate in supporting project managers and project teams to develop benchmarks, monitor progress, analyze schedule gaps and identify trends.
- Manage schedule risk analysis and participate in meetings with project partners.
- Set up Earned Value methods and project monitoring elements.
- Participate in exercises to optimize project schedules and the portfolio and provide support in the analysis of resource needs.
- Communicate regularly with project members for planning needs.
- Work closely with the project cost control and estimation teams to set up business processes and develop project schedules and risk analysis.
- If necessary, set up mitigation plans, study and propose plans for acceleration or catching up on the schedule.
- Provide support to project teams for the analysis of delays and claims.
- Ensure Primavera 6 (P6) is properly working (and configured) for company-wide project plan management.
- Build and manage a risk management team, performing risk assessment for capital projects.
- Collaborate with other PMO teams to define and use activity and cost management structures (such as WBS)
- Collaborate positively with partners and subcontractors for project execution, ensuring proper planning and risk management.
- Have completed a university bachelor’s degree in engineering, Project Management, or similar fields.
- Experience in risk assessment and understanding of its processes and concepts.
- Overall understanding of cost control, general project controls enough to work alongside the rest of the PMO organization.
- Graduate studies in risk management and/or planning, desired.
- Certifications and training in project planning.
- Experience in developing project management processes and standards.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in planning engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning projects on major capital projects ($100M+).
- Demonstrated experience managing teams, multi-cultural teams a plus.
- Experience in resource management
- Experience in the heavy industry field, ideally in petrochemical projects.
- Experience in a multi-project environment
- Proficiency in Primavera P6, MS Project, Acumen and other planning tools
- PMP, PMI-SP, AACEI-PSP or other certification (not required but desired)
Bilingualism (French and English)